On ebay last week was a really neat group of 4 early U.S. billheads. I really would have liked to have had the funds to add to my collection, but maybe if I had a healthy dog I could have. I thought the end price was cheap about $140 = $35 a piece. These billheads are hard to come by and each had graphics on them too - even harder to find in pre-1840 billheads. Here are some pictures of them. The one I was drooling over was the Bartlett & Brewer.







As promised from by last post, here are some examples of Australian billheads I found on the website Print and Printmaking Australia Asia Pacific . Based on the Australian print collection at the National Gallery of Australia there is free online access to over 22,000 images. The databases can be searched by artist, subject or print techniques such as etching, woodcut, wood-engraving, linocut, lithograph, screenprint, monotype and other print related processes such as posters and artists books. Index to online information on printmakers, print workshops, print publishers, print galleries and public and private collections.
Comments
My name is Claire Marshall, and I'm with the Metropolitan Milwaukee Association of Commerce. I'm currently working on a project detailing the history of the Chamber, which is turning 150 this fall. You're probably wondering why I'm contacting you. Well, on Nov. 13th, 2008, you posted a lovely billhead of John Nazro's hardware store. The Chamber's original constitution was drawn up in that hardware store. If at all possible, I am seeking your permission to use that photograph for an photographic outline to be displayed in our offices in downtown Milwaukee. Feel free to contact me at pmarsh@mmac.org. Thank you!